We know that your first visit can feel weighty. We want you to feel welcome and to know what to expect when you walk through our doors. Here’s a cheat sheet to help you feel more comfortable on your first Sunday with us.
- Feel free to park anywhere in the lot and come in through the main doors, under the portico.
- On the left, in the foyer, are restrooms and our nursery which is available for infants through 36 months.
- On your right, in the foyer, is our welcome desk. Here you will find information on various ministries available through GBC, and a bulletin with information for today’s service and upcoming events. You can also pick up a bag filled with quiet activities for children who will be remaining in the worship service. These bags may be returned to the welcome desk at the conclusion of the service.
- Also, on the right, is the entrance to our fellowship hall and education wing. Children ages 3 through 12th grade have classes just for them in this area. While you’re here, help yourself to a donut, fruit and a cup of coffee. Feel free to take these in with you for Sunday school or worship.
- Straight ahead from the main doors is our auditorium. This is where our adult Sunday school class meets as well as where we hold worship services.
- Our worship includes a combination of hymns and contemporary music. We call this a blended style of worship. Pastor Bryan generally preaches out of the New King James version of the Bible and regularly references the KJV, ESV, CSB, and NIV, as well as the original languages.
- The first Sunday of the month we worship together as families and remember Christ’s sacrifice through the observance of the Lord’s Supper, Communion. The second through fifth Sundays, children ages 3 through 2nd grade are excused after the song service to children’s church. This special time just for kids is not mandatory. Your kids are welcome to stay with you through the worship service if you prefer.
- What to wear? A suit? A dress? Jeans? Sweatpants? The answer to these questions is yes! We are much more concerned about you feeling welcomed in our building than what you wear in our building. On average Sunday morning, you will find some folks in suits and dresses, some in jeans and sweaters, some in t-shirts and sweats. Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable. We are just happy you are here!
- Most Sundays there are about 100 people in our church building. To some people, that seems like a lot and to others, we seem like a small church. Whether you think we are large or small, we hope that you find the people of our church warm, generous, and passionate about God and His Word. If you have any questions while you are here, just ask anyone. If that person can’t answer your question, they will get someone who can.